The consultation on the Guildford Borough Council proposed Submission Plan under Regulation 19 draws to a close on Monday. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to object to the inclusion of Three Farms Meadows as an allocated site for over 2,000 homes.
Points to include:
- the evidence base is unsound, out of date and inconsistent. Particularly the SHMA, (2017 Guildford Update), the ELNA, the SHAR, the Green Belt and Countryside Study, and the Air Quality review.
- there is no comprehensive list of the evidence base making it impossible to know what the Council relies upon.
- it is littered with basic errors, including simple mathematical errors.
- the drafting is weak and unenforceable.
- there is no justification for including TFM (site A35) due to sustainability, air quality, impact on the TBHSPA, green belt, infrastructure cost.
if you would like more comprehensive guidance please email email@example.com
A reminder that WAG is holding an open meeting to update residents on the current state of play at Ripley Village Hall on Thursday 1st June at 7.30pm
WAG gave an update to a packed East Horsley Village Hall audience on the forthcoming appeal hearing which is due to start on September 19th 2017 and run for 20 days. To see an abridged version of the presentation use this link 12 Apr 17 Horsley open meeting. The meeting was attended by Sir Paul Beresford MP and local borough and county councillors and candidates.
The appeal will be determined by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government currently Sajid Javid.
Here’s the latest information on the Guildford Local Plan proposed timetable.
20th April – GBC Special meeting of the Borough, Economy and Infrastructure Executive Advisory Board to discuss the proposed submission plan – then:
Further targeted public consultation in June-July 2017only asking for comments about the proposed changes to the plan.
- Submission to the planning inspectorate for Examination (Regulation 22) – December 2017
- Pre-examination meeting – February 2018
- Examination in public – hearings (Regulation 24) – April 2018
- Anticipated adoption (Regulation 26) – December 2018
- Update Policies Map – December 2018
WIPL have registered an appeal against the refusal by Guildford Borough Council for 2068 homes at Three Farms Meadows. Wisley Action Group and Ockham Parish Council have been granted Rule 6 status which allows us to cross-examine the applicant’s submissions.
The appeal is scheduled to take place in September 2017 in Guildford and is likely to last for almost three weeks
If you’d like to object but have little time download this file and complete your name and address and send to GBCLETTER OF OBJECTION 9th March
Please click on the link to see the presentation made in Horsley tonightWAG Horsley presentation 9th March 2016
There are two upcoming public meetings about the proposed New Town. If you or your neighbours want to find out everything that is happening, and what you can do about it, please come along
- Weds 9th March, 8pm: East Horsley Village Hall, Kingston Avenue, East Horsley, KT24 6QT. Organised by the Wisley Action group.
- Tues 22 March, 8pm at the Parish Rooms, Ockham Lane, Ockham, GU23 6NP. Organised by the Ockham and Hatchford Residents Association.
Download/ print a .pdf of the flyer
We need people to write letters of objection as soon as possible. To make it easier please see this attachment where WAG identifies some of the errors in the application and the key issues which impact the immediate neighbourhood and further afield Grounds to object2