These lanes have HGV restrictions along their entire length – with good reason:
* There is no room for two lorries to pass along most of their length
* In many places the lanes are single carriage only
* Plough Lane floods every Winter and is impassable to traffic
* There is no pedestrian footpath anywhere along Plough Lane and along most of Ockham Lane
* Heritage buildings are within metres of the Ockham Lane and are shaken by traffic
* Local traffic includes regular, heavy farm vehicle movements and horse riders.
* Both lanes are major cycle routes out of London for cycling clubs
These lanes are completely unable to service the requirements of a ‘new town’.
See this video for more: